Technical Business Analyst
Location: San Jose, California / San Diego, California
Ready to apply? Send us your resume.
ISCS is seeking Technical Business Analysts to work with some of the insurance industry's brightest minds in implementing an advanced Web-based Property and Casualty Insurance automated software solution, SurePower Innovation®.
ISCS is a fast-growing software company providing enterprise solutions to U.S. property and casualty insurance companies. We are technology and insurance experts who have developed a robust product that meets the needs of our target market and a strong set of methodologies to deliver and support it. Our solution is in high demand as insurers replace out-of-date systems with more quickly configurable technology to stay competitive. Unlike many enterprise software markets, we are seeing historically high numbers of major system purchases.
We offer something rare in today's job market: growth and stability. Founded in 1994 and privately owned, ISCS has a history of revenue growth, consistent profitability, and solid reputation for successful implementations. We have an active R&D department that keeps our product highly competitive, and we are considered thought leaders in our industry niche on topics such as the use of cloud computing in insurance.
Our product, the SurePower Innovation® Policy Administration Suite, is a fully Web-based Java platform that meets the technical criteria that insurers are requiring in new systems. The modular system uses Web services and ACORD XML standards and can be deployed as a suite (with rules and workflow engines, policy administration, rating, reinsurance, claims, billing, accounting, data warehousing, document management, consumer and insurance agent self-service and more) or as a point solution, such as the claims module only. Our clients include personal, commercial and specialty insurers across the US.
We are looking to grow our company with highly motivated and team oriented individuals. We successfully leverage agile development methodology (using Scrum) and consider our combination of agile methods and our technology to be a strong differentiator for us in our market.
We offer a competitive comprehensive benefits program which includes four weeks paid time off and a 401K match.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
ISCS's Technical Business Analysts are "subject matter experts" in Property and Casualty Insurance. In this role they are responsible for contributing to the Professional Services team. The Professional Services' charter is to meet new and existing customers' growing system demands.
Technical Business Analysts are responsible for understanding customer business needs in order to define, document and communicate detailed customer requirements for SurePower Innovation®. As part of this responsibility, it is required that the Technical Business Analyst work closely with customers to understand their needs, test solutions to enable the successful and timely implementation of projects.
Technical Business Analysts team with Implementation Engineers to meet customer requirements taking advantage of SurePower Innovation's highly scalable, extensible, and configurable technology.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Three to six year of relevant experience
- Current Property & Casualty Insurance domain expertise required
- Work directly with customers on SurePower Innovation®. Implementations as part of the ISCS implementation teams.
- Facilitate customer requirements gathering through developing relationships with key stakeholders, conducting workshops at the customer site and remotely through the use of leading industry methods such as prototyping, visual modeling, story boarding
- Experience with the production of technical requirements and functional design documents
- Managed project budgets and costs
- Determined and documented tests to verify system compliance with requirements
- Experienced in understanding customer business drivers and how to meet the requirements
- Well versed in business transformation, process reengineering or other change management practices
- Able to coordinate multiple priorities and demonstrate initiative in starting and completing projects
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Track record as a team lead who has implemented three or more projects for packaged enterprise software, with a special emphasis on Enterprise-wide Web-based applications using XML
- Implemented and/or integrated packaged enterprise software like Oracle, SAP or similar
- Translated customers' needs into technical requirements for our implementation team while acting as the liaison between the two
- Strong customer interface and negotiation skills
- Strong knowledge of Agile Software Development processes and SCRUM methodologies
ISCS recognizes employees as their most valuable assets and contributors to the company's success! That's why ISCS offers competitive salaries, benefits packages and many opportunities for advancement. All of the employees at ISCS are provided the following employee benefits:
- 4 weeks of paid time off per year, in addition to standard holidays effective from your first day of service
- Medical/dental/vision insurance for employee and family
- Prescription drug coverage and discounts
- Short and long term disability, life insurance and HSA benefits plan
- Subsidized health club membership and dues
- Bonuses based on individual performance
- 100% 401K match, up to 5% of salary
- Tuition reimbursement
ISCS believes in keeping your technical skills and product knowledge sharp by attending ongoing training. Your personal drive and motivation at ISCS are the keys to many successes!
ISCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer