Software Engineer, Customer Support
Location: San Jose, California
Ready to apply? Send us your resume.
ISCS is currently seeking a Software Engineer to work with some of the industry's brightest minds deploying and supporting our advanced Web-based Property and Casualty Insurance automated software solution, SurePower Innovation®.
ISCS is a fast-growing software company providing enterprise solutions to U.S. property and casualty insurance companies. We are technology and insurance experts who have developed a robust product that meets the needs of our target market and a strong set of methodologies to deliver and support it. Our solution is in high demand as insurers replace out-of-date systems with more quickly configurable technology to stay competitive. Unlike many enterprise software markets, we are seeing historically high numbers of major system purchases.
We offer something rare in today's job market: growth and stability. Founded in 1994 and privately owned, ISCS has a history of revenue growth, consistent profitability, and solid reputation for successful implementations. We have an active R&D department that keeps our product highly competitive, and we are considered thought leaders in our industry niche on topics such as the use of cloud computing in insurance.
Our product, the SurePower Innovation® Policy Administration Suite, is a fully Web-based Java platform that meets the technical criteria that insurers are requiring in new systems. The modular system uses Web services and ACORD XML standards and can be deployed as a suite (with rules and workflow engines, policy administration, rating, reinsurance, claims, billing, accounting, data warehousing, document management, consumer and insurance agent self-service and more) or as a point solution, such as the claims module only. Our clients include personal, commercial and specialty insurers across the US.
We are looking to grow our company with highly motivated and team oriented individuals. We successfully leverage agile development methodology (using Scrum) and consider our combination of agile methods and our technology to be a strong differentiator for us in our market.
We offer a competitive comprehensive benefits program which includes four weeks paid time off and a 401K match.
In this role, you will work directly with ISCS's customers, Professional Services, and Product Development teams to develop, support and deliver exceptional customer solutions. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Java and other web-based technologies, exceptional communication skills, superior problem-solving/analytical skills and a positive, professional attitude. Our company is 100% reference-able across all customers due to our passion for exceeding their expectations.
Our software support team is in charge of diagnosing and resolving customer issues, managing and delivering product upgrades and delivering new products and features after implementation of ISCS's SurePower Innovation® policy management system. Software Engineers work with our customers to investigate and resolve technical problems on ISCS's software products, field and deliver requests for new functionality, and advocate for customer needs within ISCS.
Each engineer on the team is incredibly well-rounded, as on any given day he or she will be managing projects, developing Java, designing new database tables or reports, and/or diagnosing customer issues via web meetings, telephone or online collaboration tools. Candidates should be self-starters who enjoy being challenged and must be comfortable interacting with customers ranging from the individual contributor to senior management.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Own the account management of one or more ISCS customers; provide work estimates and manage support implementation projects
- Troubleshoot, research, analyze root causes and develop solutions for customer software issues and design, test, and deliver feature requests & enhancements, while ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction and product quality
- Answer software support questions and work closely with the members of the support team to resolve issues quickly and efficiently; work with other ISCS teams and management, including assignments to Product Development and Professional Services implementation teams as needed
- Keep your technical skills and product knowledge sharp via ongoing training; understand customer business drivers and objectives and how best to meet them
- Coach junior support staff and assist in training new support engineers to continually improve our world-class team
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Four to six years of directly related experience
- Successful track record providing technical support of commercial web-based applications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- At least 5 years of experience developing large scale software solutions
- Experience working with teams and independently to develop and implement technical requirements through a combination of custom programming and product configuration
- Demonstrate ability to effectively manage customer relationships and provide ongoing support for technical projects while consistently achieving the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Passion for improving the customer experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Works well independently, but also is a team player
- Insurance industry knowledge and project management experience is a plus
Required Technical Skills: Java, Tomcat, Windows and/or Linux, SQL, at least one major database (SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL), scripting languages
ISCS recognizes employees as their most valuable assets and contributors to the company's success! That's why ISCS offers competitive salaries, benefits packages and many opportunities for advancement. All of the employees at ISCS are provided the following employee benefits:
- 4 weeks of paid time off per year, in addition to standard holidays effective from your first day of service
- Medical/dental/vision insurance for employee and family
- Prescription drug coverage and discounts
- Short and long term disability, life insurance and HSA benefits plan
- Subsidized health club membership and dues
- Bonuses based on individual performance
- 100% 401K match, up to 5% of salary and Tuition reimbursement
ISCS believes in keeping your skills and knowledge sharp by attending ongoing training. Your personal drive and motivation at ISCS are the keys to many successes!
ISCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.