Location: San Jose, California / San Diego, California / Missoula, Montana / Birmingham, Alabama
Ready to apply? Send us your resume.
ISCS is currently seeking Implementation Engineers to work with some of the insurance industry's brightest minds in implementing the advanced Web-based Property and Casualty Insurance automated software solution, SurePower Innovation®.
ISCS is a fast-growing software company providing enterprise solutions to U.S. property and casualty insurance companies. We are technology and insurance experts who have developed a robust product that meets the needs of our target market and a strong set of methodologies to deliver and support it. Our solution is in high demand as insurers replace out-of-date systems with more quickly configurable technology to stay competitive. Unlike many enterprise software markets, we are seeing historically high numbers of major system purchases.
We offer something rare in today's job market: growth and stability. Founded in 1994 and privately owned, ISCS has a history of revenue growth, consistent profitability, and solid reputation for successful implementations. We have an active R&D department that keeps our product highly competitive, and we are considered thought leaders in our industry niche on topics such as the use of cloud computing in insurance.
Our product, the SurePower Innovation® Policy Administration Suite, is a fully Web-based Java platform that meets the technical criteria that insurers are requiring in new systems. The modular system uses Web services and ACORD XML standards and can be deployed as a suite (with rules and workflow engines, policy administration, rating, reinsurance, claims, billing, accounting, data warehousing, document management, consumer and insurance agent self-service and more) or as a point solution, such as the claims module only. Our clients include personal, commercial and specialty insurers across the US.
We are looking to grow our company with highly motivated and team oriented individuals. We successfully leverage agile development methodology (using Scrum) and consider our combination of agile methods and our technology to be a strong differentiator for us in our market.
We offer a competitive comprehensive benefits program which includes four weeks paid time off and a 401K match.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Implementation Engineers are responsible for configuring and customizing SurePower Innovation® as part of the Professional Services team. Professional Services' charter is to meet new and existing customers' growing system demands.
Implementation Engineers work with teams of Senior Implementation Engineers and Technical Business Analysts in taking advantage of SurePower Innovation's highly scalable, extensible, and configurable technology.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Three to four years of directly related experience in the role
- Working experience in packaged enterprise software implementation projects with special emphasis on Enterprise-wide Web-based applications using XML
- Knowledge of Agile software development processes and SCRUM methodologies
- Well versed in business transformation, process reengineering or other change management practices
- Able to coordinate multiple priorities and demonstrate initiative in starting and completing projects
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Property and Casualty Insurance knowledge is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Technology or equivalent experience
- Track record in implemented packaged enterprise software such as Oracle, SAP or preferably other policy administration or claims management solutions
- Knowledge of Java Enterprise Development
- Highly experienced working with Java environments like Apache Tomcat and databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, or MySQL
- Expert working knowledge of scripting languages XML, HTML, Java Script, and Velocity
- Working experience with software development tools such as Enterprise Architect, Eclipse IDE, source version control with CVS, and build tool ANT
- Prior experience in a Java development role is a must
ISCS recognizes employees as their most valuable assets and contributors to the company's success! That's why ISCS offers competitive salaries, benefits packages and many opportunities for advancement. All of the employees at ISCS are provided the following employee benefits:
- 4 weeks of paid time off per year, in addition to standard holidays effective from your first day of service
- Medical/dental/vision insurance for employee and family
- Prescription drug coverage and discounts
- Short and long term disability, life insurance and HSA benefits plan
- Subsidized health club membership and dues
- Bonuses based on individual performance
- 100% 401K match, up to 5% of salary
- Tuition reimbursement
- Yoga Tuesday
ISCS believes in keeping your technical skills and product knowledge sharp by attending ongoing training. Your personal drive and motivation at ISCS are the keys to many successes!
ISCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.